Are you interested in joining a team in an environment that is fast paced, rewarding and truly values its team members? We will train you to be the best and help you move your career forward! Timpte is looking for Assemblers in David City. We’re looking for people to perform general assembly operations on sub-assemblies and trailers and operate various equipment as needed. Timpte wants our employees to create an investment in their future from growth within the array of advancement opportunities we offer.
As an assembler, you will use hand tools and power tools to drill, rivet, caulk, fasten, and place parts and assemblies in jigs and fixtures. You will perform preventative maintenance to keep tools and equipment in good working condition and operate fabrication equipment. Quality is very important at Timpte, we drive to build quality in to our process and do the job right the first time. You will also inspect work from previous stations.
Timpte is celebrating 135 years in business and currently employs over 400 employees in 6 states across the Midwest. Timpte offers a competitive salary along with quarterly bonus for this position. Other popular benefits include personal time off, paid holidays, employee tuition reimbursement, 401k company match, medical, dental, and vision plans and much more. As a company that values our employees we offer company paid lunches for holidays, company picnic for our families to enjoy every year, holiday parties, and other events throughout the year.
- Positive, high energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to exceeding company expectations
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments
- Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value added service
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, displaying the ability to connect and build relationships with peers
- Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth of local business and the company overall
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, specifications, and trailer schedules
- Knowledge to operate machines, hand tools, tape measures, cranes, and other equipment
- Ability to work with general supervision and make basic quality decisions
- Be able to work with other employees
- Prior manufacturing experience helpful
- Ability to learn job and be fully competent within three months