Want to be a part of history and help make the world a little bit safer? Join us at BGCAPP (Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant) where we will design, build, systemize, test, operate and close the plant whose mission is the safe and environmentally sound destruction of the chemical weapons stockpile stored at the Blue Grass Army Depot (BGAD) in Richmond, KY. The 15,000 acre depot stores mustard and nerve agent in rockets and projectiles. Our design concept for the pilot plant maximizes the use of existing technology from other successful chemical demilitarization facilities and well as First of a Kind (FOAK) technology. Parsons is currently seeking a System Engineer:
o Maintenance Management
o Work Control
o Change Control
o Document Control
o Drawing Control
o Conduct of Operations
o Agent Safety
o Limiting Conditions of Operations (LCOs)
o Procurement, replacement, and related quality assurance requirements.
o Working knowledge of the plant’s operation.
o Vendor recommendations, manuals, and any product warnings.
- Lead resolution of design issues necessary to support plant operations and/or maintenance
- Review Project design and other documents for operations, maintenance, and testing impacts and provide alternative solutions for problems
- Review and concur with design changes, use-as-is, and equivalency determinations.
- Provide technical assistance in support of line management safety responsibilities and ensure continued system operational readiness
- Ensure that system configuration is being managed effectively
- Developing and maintaining expert knowledge of system(s), which encompasses:
o Performance and Throughput
o Flow paths
o Operating parameters (e.g., pressure, flow, temperature).
o Control logic and Components (hardware).
o Resource and Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA) and requirements.
o Providing resolution of technical issues on a “system engineering” basis, utilizing Engineering staff discipline expertise, technology, or outside services, as required, in accordance with plant procedures.
- Answering system(s) Nonconformance Reports.
- Developing contractual requirements for service support.
- Interface with subcontractors, vendors, and project support groups
- Supporting permit modifications by attending any meetings and providing field walk downs, as required, with State of Kentucky representatives.
2. Operations and Maintenance Support:
- Maintain overall knowledge of the operating systems and be responsible for system engineering support for operations and maintenance
- Monitoring, tracking, and trending performance of systems
- Define maintenance requirements and programs in order to reduce downtime, in coordination with maintenance staff
- Troubleshooting; root cause analysis
- Recommend improvements to existing systems.
- Analyze all equipment requirements and assist in requisition of tools and equipment.
- Maintain and review daily logs and assist to resolve all issues and provide support to engineering activities
- Review and recommend improvements to SOP and facility/system related procedures and perform troubleshooting on plant activities and resolve issues and assist maintenance/operations personnel to implement changes.
- Remain apprised of operational status and ongoing modification activities
- Evaluate all production activities and prepare reports for all activities and inspect all associate plant machines and equipment.
- System assessments (configuration, performance with respect to criteria) to include periodic reviews of system operability, reliability, and material condition to assess the system for the ability to perform design and safety functions and physical configuration as compared to system documentation.
- Initiate actions to correct problems
- Remain aware of maintenance and operations history and industry operating experience, as well as manufacturer and vendor recommendations and any product warnings regarding systems
- Provide assistance in determining operability, correcting out-of-specification conditions, and evaluating questionable data.
- Support field work in assigned areas, including integration of project activities, repairs, and equipment operations activities
- Reviewing the Control Room logs and discussing the operation of the equipment, as appropriate, with operators to address any operations issues.
- Providing technical support to Operations for their assigned system, which includes:
o Ensuring that any changes to operating procedures are reviewed for technical correctness.
o Recommending operation changes to improve reliability, safety, and plant equipment use where economically beneficial.
o Providing technical advice to Operations to ensure their understanding of the need for operational requirements, as specified.
o Supporting Operations personnel technical training on the assigned system(s).
o Preparing for and supporting Operational Readiness Reviews (ORRs) and other testing activities.
- Providing technical direction to Maintenance.
o Performing agent operating area entries to evaluate equipment condition, performance, or needed repair.
o Implementing corrections through writing Maintenance Work Orders.
o Developing and reviewing purchase requisitions for replacement and spare parts.
o Assisting Maintenance in planning critical, unusual, or major maintenance activities.
o Developing Preventative Maintenance (PMs) procedures.
o Recommending changes in maintenance procedures based upon engineering evaluations of the trends observed.
o Reviewing calibration procedures and records.
- Conducting investigations during upset conditions.
- Conducting long-range preparation and planning for future campaigns and, reviewing identified campaigns for schedule improvements.
- Remaining immediately available for consultation with Operations, should the need arise, including around-the-clock support, as required.
- Providing support during Toxic entries to maintenance personnel
- Preparing contract Scopes of Work (SOW) as required, which includes:
o Generating a detailed SOW and submitting it for field and document review and update, as required.
o Completing the supplier data schedule.
o Attending pre-bid meetings and job-site visits, answering bidder questions, locating additional documentation needed to substantiate and answer bidder questions.
o Interfacing with the subcontractor, attending in-progress review meetings, and providing additional information to the subcontractor, as required.
o Performing final walk downs.
o Coordinating with Operations, Maintenance, and the contractor on scheduling installation activities.
o Overseeing installation activities and providing direction for resolving problems with the plant and the contractor.
o Coordinating and ensuring that all contract questions and needs identified within the contract are met.
o Providing interface with escorts and the contractor.
- Reviewing and approving submittals/material from subcontractors for accuracy.
between the operating staff and the appropriate CSEs. The SE ensures the safe, efficient, and reliable performance of plant systems and components within the design and within environmental requirements, applicable codes and standards, approved procedures, and BGAPP policy.