Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is one of the nations fastest-growing mortgage lenders. We didnt move into the fast lane because of clever marketing campaigns or flashy television ads - our talented employees worked hard to help us rise to the top of our industry. Here at Caliber, weve replaced the stereotypical corporate culture with a casual "dress for your day" work atmosphere that promotes creativity and a collaborative environment that allows our team members to thrive.
The AVP - Data Science will be a leader on the Data Science team within the Enterprise Analytics department. The Data Science team is responsible for collecting data, building predictive models, providing analytical support, performing market analysis, identifying market trends, and telling stories with data for groups across the company. The AVP - Data Science will work with Analytics and IT to identify relevant data, create models to solve business problems, present findings, and work with other groups to implement models. The AVP - Data Science will be able to identify and suggest machine learning techniques to best match the use case. The AVP Data Scientist may manage analysts and data scientists.
- Use predictive modeling to increase revenue generation, decrease costs, optimize business processes, and improve business outcomes
- Utilize statistical analysis to inform approach and technique
- Manage a project from initial analysis to readying a model for production
- Validate and demonstrate effectiveness of machine learning solutions
- Maintain balance between pragmatic and deeply rigorous solutions depending on business context
- Collaborate and work closely with cross-functional business partners to identify gaps and understand areas of opportunity
- Advise other departments on data gathering processes and experiment design (e.g. A/B testing)
- Develop code and processes that are repeatable and easily maintained
- Design data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to various leadership teams
- Staying up to date on new machine learning techniques and approaches to data science
- Masters degree in a quantitative discipline
- 4+ years post graduate experience in Analytical/Data Science role
- Familiarity and experience with applying various machine learning techniques (regression, decision trees, boosting, etc.) to real-world problems