Title: Facilities Manager
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Company: Host Terminals, LLC
Reports To: Controller; Supports Chairman/CEO
Location: Avondale – New Orleans, LA
Host acquired Avondale Shipyard in 2018 from Huntington Ingalls Industries. Avondale is a historic property, located along the Mississippi River in New Orleans, LA, with a footprint of 254 acres and significant warehousing and storage capabilities. With five docks and over one mile of waterfront, the Avondale Shipyard will become integral to Host’s continued efforts to provide REAL solutions to customers and shift the transportation paradigm. Host plans future connectivity for the shipyard to six Class 1 Railroads via the New Orleans Public Belt, through a binding Cooperative Endeavor Agreement entered into with the Port of New Orleans.
The Person: The successful candidate will have the following behaviors and demonstrate the competencies below.
Core Principles: All team members must demonstrate an ability to adhere and understand the core principles of the company. This team member must be able to provide value and depth to the Core Principles of Host.
- Our people are our greatest assets.
- Their safety is our top priority.
- We provide exceptional service.
- We believe every relationship is important.
- We are detectives, understanding all activities within our markets.
- We know todays opportunities are tomorrows growth.
- We conduct all business with integrity.
- We build on our legacy.
Position Specific Behaviors
- Team player
- Makes decisions and executes quickly
- Honesty and integrity
- Adaptable and flexible
- Collaborative- works well with others
- Excels in high growth, entrepreneurial and meritocratic environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Thrives in a pressurized work environment
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful at Host
- Self- starter
- Problem solving
- Customer Focus
- Executing both short-term plans and long-term plans tied to vision and “big picture” goals
- High level of discretion as you are dealing with a lot of business sensitive and personal matters for executive
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversees property operations. Works with General Manager on specific issues, including personnel/tenant matters, expenditures, or compliance with regulatory requirements
- Conducts daily field inspections of facilities and buildings (internal/ external) to determine the extent of general maintenance required and to assess the quality of services completed
- Manages projects related to space planning, construction build-outs, reconfiguration.
- Manages installation of furniture, fixtures and equipment in new and existing spaces.
- Oversees entire vendor life cycle, including on-boarding, budget submittals, purchase order requests and project management, ensuring service levels are met for invoice approvals while maintaining strong vendor relationships.
- Consistently communicates with and keeps management informed of all projects
- Utilizes awareness and working knowledge to troubleshoot and assess issues related to mechanical, electrical & plumbing systems, calling on appropriate resources and vendors to handle any impact to business operations.
- Develops budgets, identifying and implementing cost saving solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates comprehensive preventative maintenance programs,
- Coordinate external property management to include maintenance of permeable pavers, trash removal, and landscaping.
- Remains alert, proactive, and responsive to maintenance issues within the facility that are in need of upgrade, repair or improvement.
- Develops and maintains an asset replacement schedule with corresponding calendar.
- Oversees in-house janitorial services and maintenance techs
- Takes responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the properties/sites. Assists Property Manager with tenant improvement projects and building renovation projects to ensure completions are on time and on budget and in accordance with their construction guidelines and standards.
- Implements and oversees systems for cost control.
- Works with Risk Management to coordinate safety/technical training that meets the needs of the maintenance associates. Implements and monitors maintenance policies, EPA and OSHA regulations and requirements.
Education, Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience managing multi site maintenance and construction operations is required
- Thorough knowledge of general maintenance procedures, budgeting principles, HVAC/electrical/mechanical systems and Life-cycle Costing
- Extensive knowledge of facilities management, funding, planning and development
- Knowledge of construction design and specifications, cost estimating, building codes, federal and state regulations and permit policies
- Knowledge of energy management systems, controls, HVAC, lighting, utilities, energy efficiency in new and existing construction and renewable technologies
- Knowledge of specialty architecture, engineering, construction, trades and facility operations, capital outlay process
- Knowledge of general management principles and practices to include human resource management, strategic planning and customer satisfaction through continuous improvement
- Experience administering contracts related to facilities and construction
- Experience planning, prioritizing and managing multiple complex projects
- Experience supervising staff, programs and budgets
- A valid driver’s license
- Sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking, crouching and kneeling
For more information, please visit www.tparkerhost.com or Apply Online Here