This position acts as an engineering lead on pipeline projects in the oil & gas industry.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Design and installation of onshore natural gas or liquids pipeline systems including: measurement & regulation equipment, pigging facilities, mainline valves, and compressor stations.
- Capable of assisting project scoping, developing project cost estimates and schedules.
- Proficient with PHMSA DOT codes and API and ASME standards relating to pipeline design, materials and installation.
- Proficient with interstate and FERC 7c pipeline design
- Familiar with pipeline survey and pipeline construction techniques.
- Work with a drafting and mapping team to produce alignment drawings and provide coordination with ROW, environmental and archaeological personnel.
- Assist with coordination of company personnel to produce designs and drawings on schedule.
- Design horizontal directional drills and associated calculations.
- Complete pipe sizing and wall thickness calculations per client specifications.
- Complete pipeline buoyancy control calculations and buoyancy control recommendations.
- Determine hydrostatic test pressures and prepare hydrostatic test plans per client specifications.
- Complete wheel load analysis for road and railroad crossings.
- Develop pipeline bill of materials, including material descriptions.
- Assist with cost monitoring and client progress reporting.
- Determine maximum field bending angles per client specifications and develop induction bend list for angles exceeding the maximum field bend angle.
- Assist with sub-contract administration and invoicing.
- Familiar with risk management plans, environmental and archaeological studies, road crossing, hydrostatic discharge, and storm water permits.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Prepares design sketches as needed for drafting.
- Review engineering drawings.
- Performs a wide variety of complex engineering assignments in areas of design, development, analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of construction bid documents, and project management.
- Interfaces with clients to identify and meet their expectations.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by supervisor.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Technical training (corrosion protection, survey, operations, in-line inspection, etc.)
- Pipeline modeling experience desirable.
- Must possess computer proficiency in Windows Office, Deltek Vision or similar SQL database.
- Possesses ability to effectively serve in both leadership and support roles on project teams.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to the voice of the client and translate into engineering design that meets or exceeds expectations
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills, including attention to detail.
- Primary experience is working for a consulting firm in the oil & gas industry
- Demonstrated knowledge with ACI, AISC, UBC and other pertinent codes.
- P.E. designation highly preferred
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in the design and construction of natural gas and/or liquids pipelines and related facilities
- Technical education desirable (Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Industrial Engineering).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Frequent use of auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate (policies, procedures and objectives) via phone, computer and in person.
- Frequent sitting for extended periods of time to carry out computing functions.
- Frequent concentration for extended periods of time, paying attention to detail to analyze information.
- Frequent use of hands to operate the computer or office equipment.
- Occasional squatting, stair climbing or crawling to be able to install computer hardware.
Local candidates only, no relocation. No agencies, please.