Great ideas sometimes come from singular inspiration, but more often they’re a result of collaborative effort. Inside Garmin, we like to foster an environment of participation and engagement. We support professional development, offer well-designed career paths and adhere to a policy that prioritizes promoting from within the company to maximize the opportunities for our associates. We are also committed to being a good corporate citizen and providing opportunities for associates to contribute toward a healthy, sustainable world.
Associates get the royal treatment at Garmin. Regardless if you’re a newbie or a veteran, engineers dream it, design it and use it. Here, you will be surrounded by others who share the same passion about what they do every day. We offer a relaxed team environment (no dress code!) where advancement is found from sharing knowledge, not hiding it! While we promise you a lot of responsibility, you also will have the opportunity to have ownership over projects…oh, and we promise you there will be some fun mixed in there, too!
At Garmin, we create products that solve complex problems and make people’s lives safer, healthier and more enjoyable. Whether you are interested in developing software using Assembly, C, C++, Java, C# or more, we have a future for you.
We are looking for a full time Software Engineer 1 to develop software for our products at our office in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In this role, youll also be responsible for performing new product design and development and troubleshooting basic issue reports, evaluating technical cause and implementing software solutions. Other essential functions include:
- Identifies and resolves defects of basic scope using proper engineering tools and techniques such as debuggers, emulators, simulators, and logic analyzers
- Communicates status of work clearly providing visibility to supervisor or mentor
- May be responsible for planning own technical work
- Applies design standards and procedures to implement basic designs
- Learns how to use and apply engineering tools as needed for this role
- Thoroughly documents work in an organized manner
- Works collaboratively and professionally in a team environment with other Garmin associates to achieve goals
Qualified candidates for this role will possess a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering Aerospace Engineering, Math or Physics or a technical field (such as CIS or IT) relevant to the essential functions of this job description from a four-year college or university OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Other requirements include:
- Must demonstrate knowledge, education, experience and/or training necessary to develop basic software in C, C++, C#, Java, assembly language, or other selected languages
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Previous work or internship experience in design, particularly for consumer products is highly preferred!
As part of our ongoing commitment to helping associates maintain a healthy balance between work and life, we sponsor company-wide and individual wellness initiatives, as well as world-class sporting events—and even some of the participating athletes. In each of the communities in which we do business, Garmin has a strong philanthropic and civic presence. Our associates benefit from these connections in many ways, including through discounts on products and services, opportunities to attend sponsored events, and even help with work-life initiatives, such as pilot certification and adoption assistance.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Organization Consumer Engineering
Job Class Exempt