Provides the first-level of supervision to a staff of Sales Engineers, and oversees their activities to assure that the company and customers are provided the best technical sales support and expertise. Provides support and advise coaching to staff to meet customer’s current and emerging communication needs. Supports sales acquisition of new customers, and helps increase account penetration into the existing customer base by supporting the team to deliver innovative and creative technical design, and represent the company solutions to prospects. Influences process improvement initiatives by removing barriers, and modifying or enhancing current processes.
- Builds a high performance team, hires and retains the right talent in the right roles, sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable, and develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and take action. Demonstrates Company’s values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change, provides timely information, communicates context for business decisions, recognizes accomplishments and fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- Develops and ensures attainment of new sales and margin growth for strategic accounts which contribute to the company’s bottom line through increasing revenue to meet or exceed company revenue and market share objectives on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Develops and implements long-term product strategy with sales management to ensure existing and potential customers are provided with options and enhancements to their existing network.
- Develops and implements strategies and plans with sales management to recapture business lost due to the companys service limitations, network quality, tariff, and/or pricing issues. Recommends process improvement initiatives.
- Establishes and controls expenses and operating budget by participation in the planning process and maintenance of approved plan and budget. Oversees and participates in programs that ensure the attainment of expense objectives and recommends programs to control and correct budget overruns.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation and presentation of technical proposals to customers and provides leadership and technical guidance to staff and customer technical staff to ensure full understanding of how the companys services will best meet the customer’s needs.
- Provides technical guidance to Sales Engineers as well as internal and external customers as needed in the development and implementation of technical customer solutions and removes barriers to enhance the customer experience.
- Partners with the account team to ensure the accuracy of data for each opportunity in the sales funnel.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Overall knowledge of internal network and competitive voice, data, internet applications, and technologies is required.
- In-depth knowledge of technical terminology related to company products and services.
- Prefer working knowledge of communications equipment such as PBX’s, Routers, CSU/DSU’s, Data Switches, etc.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate, influence, and build relationships with C-level executives.
- Deep and wide technical knowledge around product life-cycle (from engineering through operations).
- Operational understanding of telecommunications ordering, provisioning, and billing processes.
- Exceptional strategic planning and account management skills are required.
- Experience in consultative sales techniques and account planning.
- A clear track record for consistently exceeding revenue goals.
- Ability to multi-task and work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to travel as needed (Approx. 50%).
- Security clearance may be required.
- Minimum skills required to perform in this role.
- 7+ years of sales engineering experience.
Preferred Education, Skill and Experience:
- Education Level: Bachelors Degree
- Field of Study: Engineering, Technical or Business
- Relevant managerial experience preferred.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Bachelors or Equivalent in Engineering General or Other
Alternate Location: US-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Requisition #: 215556
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.