The Business Development Manager (BDM) reports to the Regional General Manager of Sales, with a dotted line to their assigned Territory Manager (TM). The function of the position is to support the TM in the growth of profitable equipment, service and parts sales within their assigned territory.
1. Generating equipment leads for the Territory Manager
2. Identifying allied equipment or other warehouse product sales opportunities
3. Selling preventative maintenance plans, service contracts and parts sales, opening new accounts, renting equipment and providing general customer support where needed.
4. Business development activity generated by the BDM will allow the Territory Manager to focus on the technical aspects of closing a higher volume of equipment sales.
5.Both the BDM and TM will share in the responsibility for growing parts and service revenue within their territory.
1. College degree (BA, BS) preferred
2. Valid Drivers License
3. Knowledge of Word, Excel, MS Powerpoint
4. Strong Communication, persuasion, active listening, time management, and negotiation skills
5. Attention to detail and energy to work in a fast-moving environment