1. Evaluates, plans and Implements communication and/or swallow treatment programs according to physician referral, and/or plan of care. Designs programs to meet the patient’s oral motor/swallowing, speech/language, and cognitive needs. Applies and shares advanced knowledge of new treatment philosophies and techniques, changes in the practice act or rules, or changes affecting the healthcare industry.
2. Plans and organizes work in a systematic manner to enhance patient care and departmental outcomes and achieve established productivity standards
3. Promotes and Supports positive and professional customer service, while interacting with clients, guests and hospital personnel. Works collaboratively with all members of the interdisciplinary team, other departments and disciplines to assure patients and customer’s needs are met in a timely manner. Encourages the active participation of the patient and/or family in goal setting and patient/family training/education
4. Provides positive and constructive feedback to enhance departmental operations. Completes all necessary documentation as outlined by departmental policy and documentation review. This includes, but is not limited to, patient care charting, charge entry, completing peer chart and peer reviews, and documenting on daily schedule
5. Utilizes available information management systems to support departmental and hospital goals. This includes utilization of hospital wide e-mail, information announcements, policies, annual computer mandatories, charge entry, and accessing patient care related information. Access and use of information will meet hospital and information management guidelines