As an Administrative team, we are a group of individuals that love what we do and enjoy the people we work with. We know that the relationships we build are genuine and positively contributes to our work environment. We are intentional in cultivating a culture that is inclusive, collaborative, and celebrates our individual initiatives.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be flexible, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and provide exceptional support to senior leadership team reporting to the Vice President, Clinical Development Operations. You’ll be a positive and professional role model in the organization and possess strong decision-making skills, be forward-thinking and strategic, collaborative, and have a reputation for problem-solving and troubleshooting in an evolving business environment.
- Primary support to the senior leadership team within Clinical Development Operations. Responsible for creating and maintaining the rhythm of the business through proactive planning and execution of administrative support to ensure a seamless experience for leadership and employees within the department
- Secondary support to the Vice President of Clinical Development Operations and Chief of Staff, and back-up to the Sr. Administrative Assistant that supports the VP and Chief of Staff
- Align individual goals, projects, and assignments with the needs, objectives, and goals of the team and of the Development organization as a whole
- Manage and maintain complex calendars on a daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to ensure accurate scheduling and prioritization
- Organize complex and extensive domestic and international travel, which requires assembling travel packets and arranging all travel logistics
- Facilitate and support leadership team meetings including creation of minutes, and tracking and following-up on action items and deliverables
- Manage multiple department budgets and expenses in compliance with company policy; review and approve invoices and account reconciliation. Also includes timely preparation of expense reports
- Adhere to and execute administrative procedures for the team staying within corporate policy
- Responsible for flawless planning and execution of onsite and offsite meetings, events, and conferences
- Assist employees with conference registration and help maintain professional memberships, contact databases, and group rosters for subscriptions
- Ensure a positive employee experience through the successful onboarding of new hires by making sure all necessary documents and office equipment are in place
- Backup support for other admins within team
- Collaborate with other administrative staff to support department and/or company-wide events and various other initiatives as needed
- Submit Facilities and ServiceDesk tickets as appropriate and follow up as required
- Assist with other projects and work as needed and assigned
- 5 - 7 years in an administrative role supporting senior management in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment
- Ability to apply knowledge of the business and integrate into daily tasks to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to prioritize work and deliver projects completed and on time while facing multiple distractions and interruptions
- Demonstrates and role models confidence, emotional intelligence, and professionalism
- Ability to pay close attention to detail when working with complex schedules or projects and react with an appropriate sense of urgency to situations or events that require a quick response or turnaround
- Ability to independently problem-solve to quickly resolve issues to maintain business continuity
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities; must work well under pressure
- The desire to learn and grow with the business
- Able to work successfully in a team environment by building effective working relationships internally and externally with all levels of employees with different working styles and perspectives
- Promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Seattle Genetics in all areas of responsibility
- May require travel up to 2-4 times per year for company events and various projects
- Highly proficient in MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- College degree preferred but will consider high school diploma with comparable work experience
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.