We are currently accepting resumes and applications for experienced Galley Assistants for work in an at-sea environment. Work is seasonal with rotations planned by the Chief Stewards based on the needs of the Galley. We are seeking candidates with strong organizational and communication skills, with an emphasis on teamwork.
Preferred candidates will have a minimum of 2 years experience working on fishing vessels over 275ft, assisting in meal preparation and cleanup for up to 130 people. Previous experience in an at-sea food preparation position is preferred. This position requires a valid Alaska Food Worker card meeting the State of Alaska food service regulations. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Washes and restocks dishes and utensils ensuring a supply of clean dishware for meal and break times.
- Assists with the preparation and restocking of food items while maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and food safety
- Cleans and maintains work areas and all equipment used in food preparation and consumption under direction of the Chief Steward.
- Restocks food supplies, condiments, and napkins as required by the Chief Steward.
- Cleans and maintains the dinning areas inlcuding dining surfaces, hot and cold tables and beverage service area as directed by the Chief Steward.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attends required team meetings
- Food preparation and/or food service experience highly preferred.
- At least two years of professional experience preferred
- Current Alaska Food Worker card.
- Strong customer service skills
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Neat and clean appearance
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which may include working days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift up to 50lbs as needed.
- Insurance and 401K upon meeting qualification period