Traveling Crusher Plant Foreman
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia
Who is IX?
From breaking ground to the finished project, our team has been laying the groundwork for excellence on heavy civil construction and demolition projects for over 60 years. We combine innovations of industry with decades of successfully completed projects, proving we are a value-added partner from the ground up! Over six decades, Independence Excavating has established a team of construction professionals that sets us apart from other contractors.
What do we believe in?
Provide a safe, family-oriented environment. Commitment to integrity. Protect our most valuable assets.
Always deliver the highest quality. Find solutions. Provide value to our partners.
Positively impact the communities we serve. Give back. Leave the world a better place than we found it.
A Traveling Crusher Plant Foreman is responsible for various functions including, but not limited to:
- Completion of crushing projects from start to finish. Handles all field related activities including efficient
- management of crew, proper maintenance and operation of all equipment and fulfilling production requirements
- Ensure profitable crushing projects while not compromising our core company values
- Read, understand and interpret material testing procedures, gradations etc.
- Review and understand details of each project with Project Manager and Superintendent prior to the start of the job.
- Review, understand and carry out correct operating and maintenance procedures for all crushing equipment on each job assigned
- Coordinate the mobilization of crusher equipment with the Superintendent
- Schedule all resources needed for each job daily and work with Superintendent to establish an efficient work schedule daily
- Maintain all subcontractor related work tickets and verify for accuracy with Project Managers
- Timely and complete submission of time, receipts, JSA’s, All Safety and Equipment checklists and forms as required
- Utilize all company resources to their most efficient, practical use. Notify Superintendent when equipment/resources are available. Consider Independence Excavating resources from a ‘company’ not just project perspective
- Work with Equipment Managers, Superintendents to communicate the most effective equipment applications, maintenance schedules and procedures
- Perform all necessary paperwork
- Responsible for general and specific safety practices, following company safety manual procedures, and cooperating with our safety representative in a positive pro-active manner
- Maintain positive company image in appearance, conduct, and communication
- Manage and operate assigned job with compliance to all company, local government and federal government safety and environmental guidelines
- Extensive travel is required - Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent is required. Additional construction certifications or training preferred
- Five years previous related experience is required
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to handle the variety of tasks assigned
- Must develop positive working relationships with owners and project managers or supervision
- Extensive knowledge of the efficient use off all aggregate related equipment
- Extensive knowledge of MSHA and OSHA requirements and procedures as related to the operation
- Extensive knowledge of the proper maintenance and repair of all aggregate related equipment
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally with employees, external vendors, owners and general contractors
- Must communicate with management daily on project progress
- Must effectively manage work forces including Operators, Teamsters, and Laborers
- Must be able to manage in all weather conditions to determine most efficient use
- Must ensure all safety practices are strictly adhered to ensure a 100% safe workplace
- Must attend all requested meetings
- Must train subordinates when necessary
- Must require all necessary company training requirements along with MSHA and OSHA requirements
- Significant financial implications in a variety of areas, such as job cost v. estimated cost
- Responsible for ensuring that company maintains profit margin on job
- Subcontractor/supplier costs must be monitored
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit their resume along with salary history and requirements.
Independence Excavating, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.