Reporting to the VP, Physical Production, the Manager of Physical Production is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective production while supporting the physical production department.
- Create Data Spreadsheet for original programming including:
- gross costs, net costs, and incentives
- Directors & fees
- Lead Actor tracking cost and amenities
- Production calendars for Programming, Sales and Media Ops and Promotion.
- Cover both License and original production tracking
- Send out weekly updates
- Assists, manage & maintain established systems for the Physical Production department.
- Assists with origination and logistics for Post-Production
- Assists with developing a preliminary production plan, including schedule, location and budget considerations
- Collaborate with Creative Executives and production Finance as well as external teams to lock budget
- Lead or assist with search and hire of Directors, Creative Producers and Department Heads
- Manage collection of show deliverables upon completion of each project
- Minimum 3 years physical production experience in one of the following areas
- Line Producer, UPM or coordinator in production
- Physical production staff at Network TV or Feature Film
- Experience with movie magic budgeting and movie magic scheduling
- Experience budgeting and scheduling a script
- Previous experience working with Guild rules
- Experience with both union and non-union shoots
- Experience working with IATSE and Teamsters
- Bachelors degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in a related field preferred
- Working knowledge of various tax incentives both domestic and international
- Experience with physical production in Canada
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Creative background with understanding of script structure, story and character
- Strong negotiation skills-experience negotiating with guilds, vendors, production services, etc.