The successful QA/Release Manager will be highly customer focused, obsessed with quality, with a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations. He or she should be a strong hands on manager with good technical experience and the ability to drive against a high level test strategy based on a data driven quality approach.
The manager will be a strong quality advocate with a good planning and optimization mindset.
- Will work with a team of Software testers to ensure the highest quality product delivery and define measurable metrics to gauge progress against QA goals.
- Will work with a team of Testers and Business Stake holder to plan releases after success for testing.
- Will work with Business leaders and PMO to develop a release cycle that caters to needs of the business.
- Work with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements.
- Understand how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and develop QA approaches that fit the overall strategy.
- Be responsible for development of test strategies.
- Oversee the development and execution of test plans and monitor and report as needed.
- Work with a team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
- Be an experienced but hands-on manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- 3+ years of experience in hands-on testing and 2+ years of experience as a manager.
- Experience in managing resources and area ownership within a distributed model.
- Experience in delivering releases to the customer through direct and partner teams.
- Working knowledge of QA concepts and methodology.
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral. Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results
- Strong people management skills with a proven ability to hire and grow talented
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
- Experience in agile development methodologies with continuous integration
- Define metrics to measure the performance of releases, build consensus with teams and hold the development teams accountable.
- Explore ways to continuously improve quality, delivery, and innovation of our processes and solutions.
To apply please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “QA/Release Manager – web” in the subject line of your email.