The Mayor’s Office of Contract Services (MOCS) oversees and supports the procurement activities of City agencies, with a goal to ensure fairness, transparency, efficiency and cost effectiveness. The Director is the City Chief Procurement Officer. Annually, agencies procure billions in products and services from a diverse pool of vendors that represent various industries. MOCS partners with industry groups to implement policies and tools that streamline and modernize procurement, resulting in the delivery of quality services to New Yorkers. Team members operate in a fast-paced, collaborative, service-oriented environment, where flexibility and ability to achieve results are valued.
MOCS is recruiting for a DevOps Engineer who will:
- Provide hands-on work supporting the production and non-production J2EE WebLogic environments.
- Coordinate execution of break fixes in the production and non-production environments.
- Work with Project Managers to determine timelines and project tasks.
- Ensure deliverables from the internal and vendor development teams meet requirements.
- Engage with the development teams to provide production management support input for the design of new application builds.
- Provide support to QA during testing by monitoring servers and providing feedback.
- Ensure team has proper information for deployment.
- Work with development team to ensure code matches server software stacks and specifications.
- Manage the planning, documenting, coordinating and executing of operational readiness testing.
- Communicate project statuses to senior staff, executive management and stakeholders.
- Prepare senior level technical reports for executive management.
- Manage special IT projects as assigned.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Graduation from an accredited college with a baccalaureate degree; or
2. Graduation from an accredited community college plus two years of experience with administrative, analytic, coordinative, supervisory or liaison responsibilities; or
3. A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent plus four years of experience as described in “2” above; or
4. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expertise in developing deployment templates for infrastructure automation tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Expertise with Python, Perl or Unix Shell Scripting
- Experience administering and maintaining Linux OS servers, iPlanet Web Servers, Oracle WebLogic Application and Portal Servers, IBM FileNet P8.
- Configuring SSO using SAML with Oracle Weblogic Servers.
- Integrating Novell eDirectory with Oracle WebLogic and FileNet Platform.
- Familiarity with Oracle SQL queries.
- Writing scripts for configuration management (CM), build and deployment activities.
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Understands building and deploying Portal applications.
- Understanding of source or version control management tools such as Subversion or GIT.
- Understanding of virtualized (VMWare), distributed architecture with High Availability.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical, organization, presentation and facilitation skills; ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Must have the initiative and ability to investigate, follow-up with various stakeholders i.e. DoITT, vendors to resolve issues.
Mayor’s Office of Contract Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Special accommodations provided for applicants with disabilities.
Mayor’s Office of Contract Services recognizes the unique skills and strengths gained through military service. Veterans and service members of the U.S. Armed Forces are strongly encouraged to apply.
STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS PROGRAM
The U.S. Department of Education provides student loan forgiveness through the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLFP) to qualifying public service employees. As an employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for loan forgiveness should you meet the program’s eligibility requirements. For additional information on the PSLFP, please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service.
External Applicants, please go to www.nyc.gov/jobs and search for Job ID#: 399924.
Current City Employees, please go to www.nyc.gov/ess and search for Job ID#: 399924.
Applicants may apply for jobs via NYCAPS with Apple products if they use the appropriate browser, such as Firefox, Chrome and/or Safari.
No phone calls, faxes, or personal inquiries permitted.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
22 Reade St. New York, NY 10007
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.