Job Title: Auto Body Repair Technician
Reports To: Store Leader
Supervisory Role: No
Job Summary: The Auto Body Repairer will make repairs to metal, plastic, and fiberglass parts of automobiles.
- Plans the repair work that is necessary and prepares cost estimates for customers.
- Uses various tools such as cutting guns, plasma cutters, hydraulic jacks, hammers, and pliers to repair sections of a vehicle.
- Hammers out dents, dimples, and other minor body damage if possible; mixes and applies filler resins to repair dents when other methods are not feasible.
- Realigns car chassis and frames to repair structural damage.
- Removes damaged sections of vehicles and replaces with new or aftermarket parts.
- Replaces or repairs glass and windshields as needed.
- Replaces or repairs interior parts as needed.
- Welds and otherwise attaches or fits parts into place.
- Prepares and repaints vehicle with factory-specified paint or agreed-upon equivalent.
- Attempts to complete work orders within labor time guidelines.
- Ensures all work has been executed correctly by inspecting vehicles after repair.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Successful completion of technical school program OR a 3-year apprenticeship as an auto body repairer.
- Ability to read job orders and work with very little supervision.
- Ability to work with other repairers within auto body shop.
- Thorough understanding of methods and procedures to repair vehicle body.
- Thorough understanding of how to use tools required for the trade.
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
- Must be able to visually inspect vehicle damage in a variety of weather conditions.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.
Nothing in this job description restricts management?s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.